Gold Coast Suicides up 36%, page-150

1. 44,939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    You've been around the ROTW so long your Govt dates have become shuffled.... 2012 was Gillard.... ;-)

I recall the RC after the 2000 and 2002 fires when Howard tried to bury the RC report and actioned none of the recommendations.

There've been many RC into bushfires, with some recommendation urging the Govt to take action on global warming as the principle cause of conditions increasing the risk of severe fires. Over decades the fires have been worse and covering greater areas and causing greater destruction.

The 2019/20 fires were by far the worst we've ever experienced in terms of areas effected, destruction and severity of the actual flame. Each season fireys have described fires as being worse than any previous.

Still the Libs are trying to bury the latest report due to their fear of the cost to precious coal mining interests.

Other nations, as you would know, are acting on global warming, EXCEPT Aus and US. This, to me, proves that humans generally are not so dumb, but the controlling interests in Aus and US are.

But back to covid.... There was indeed an Inquiry into SARS in 2004 and an expert panel developed a pandemic response plan..... it was only dug out and used after medical advice that Morrison could not go to the Sharkies Game the following Sunday.....

Yet the States were already acting and, apart from the Ruby Princess debacle, were being quite successful. Thanks to State actions the infection rate was brought down in all States except Vic and pressure was brought to bare on Vic to re-open as Morrison wanted to get the economy moving peremptorily.... Vic was forced to accept the majority vote despite concerns that there was a reservoir of infection remaining in the community.

This is the problem of having politicians running the nation and States.... and the problem of the Fed Govt having no clear, unifying authority and has led to States fighting among each other ov er border closures.

Politicians seem to me to be the dumbest animals on the planet because they don't have the knowledge or impartiality to make decisions based on science.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.