"On the other hand there are people who have benefited from...

1. 5,647 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5

"On the other hand there are people who have benefited from Government handouts."

But then those that benefitted wouldn't be likely to feature in suicide statistics. People tend to suffer mental distress when they recognise a comparative disparity with their peers. One person gets jobkeeper, another doesn't, that comparison is no doubt hard to accept. That unequal distribution while being told we are all in this together. I'm not saying it is leading them to suicide but imagine how you would feel. Its been a cruel approach as far as I'm concerned.

"The near border business owners and those reliant on International tourism however would be up against it."

Yes, very much harder on some subgroups of the population than others. Once again, people feeling unequal treatment, due to border in this case, rankles them. What alternative solution could they have taken though? It seems to be a standard approach. Instead of handing out billions stupidly, I would have rather have seen more targetted at those in greatest need like border businesses. All in all, such a sloppy approach from the Feds its been hard to watch.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.