Gold Coast Suicides up 36%, page-93

1. 6,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    right from the beginning I recognized Covid had the potential to be bad. Hence early on we isolated our vulnerable family members until we had a better understanding. But I never was of the the view that you and especially Pinto had at that time. To me it was an extreme view. I never agreed with lock down or closure of State Borders . Early on was very worried/ concerned with the collateral damage. These views I posted in many posts to much ridicule. And I advocated that I like the path Taiwan was taking. I've believed that basing a strategy on a successful vaccine becoming available was fraught. Still do. I didn't believe in the elimination strategy, and looking back now the 'flattering the curve" mantra, has achieved, in flattering the hopes and dreams of many. I couldn't understand how the virus could be elimination. If the virus could be eliminated there would be no second wave. So to me the height of the pandemic was/is the effect of State Government actions on the larger community, which has been devastating. Jet

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.