GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold companies that actually make money, page-35

1. 3,559 Posts.

Take a look at Avoca Resource (AVO. Just completed capital raising and was over subscribed. One of the best smaller miners out there.

Avoca Resources’ December quarter progress at the Higginsville Gold Project in Western Australia.

http://www.avocaresources.com.au/downloads/company_reports/quarterly/avo_qr2008_dec.pdf

Key features of the Quarterly Report include:

Trident Gold Mine production and development progresses well through ramp-up.

Gold production was 27,856 ounces. Gold sold was 25,536 ounces at an average sales price of $1,187 per ounce.

Underground mine production at Trident was 242,655 tonnes @ 3.92 g/t gold for 30,645 ounces comprising 80% stoping and 20% development ore. Development grade on the newly accessed Western Zone 1005 Level averaged 6.0 g/t gold.

Treatment plant performed well with 264,415 tonnes @ 3.31 g/t treated. Recoveries averaged 96.8%.

2,142m of underground development completed during the quarter including 1,175m of capital development.
    11.5km of underground diamond drilling was completed. New discoveries confirm the link between the Western Zone and Apollo at Trident; and identifies the new Eos Lode eg 33.7m @ 9.7 g/t gold at Western Zone / Apollo and 23.4 @ 5.9 g/t gold at Eos.

Grade control drilling confirmed 1005 Level at Trident to be major ore horizon with numerous thick high grade intersections defining 500m long high grade ore zone eg 64m @ 8.6 g/t gold on the Western Zone and 10m @ 52.1 g/t gold on Athena.

Surface diamond drilling at Vine JV Prospect located 2.5km south of Trident continues to yield high grade results with VIND012 intersecting Athena-like reef grading 82.9 g/t gold over 1m.

Drilling at the regional Musket prospect 40km south-east of Trident returned high grade results from shallow depths - 8.0m at 10.7 g/t gold from 61m.

Angers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.