RMS 0.50% $2.00 ramelius resources limited

This is semi-OT. Posted because Bob Vassie is now RMS...

1. 1,219 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 344
    This is semi-OT. Posted because Bob Vassie is now RMS chairperson, so SBM's trajectory after Vassie left has relevance, at least in the minds of @tangs and me.

And because what a horror-show, right on top of decision to re-evaluate Simberi...

CBC June 22, 2022; updated June 23:

Operations at N.S. gold mine (SBM's Atlantic) could be suspended if province doesn't approve change

The company's subsidiary, Atlantic Mining Nova Scotia Inc., has asked the province to allow it to store tailings — the leftover material after gold is extracted — in the open pit at Touquoy once mining is completed.

In May, Environment Minister Timothy Halman decided the company did not provide enough information about the potential environmental effects of that proposal to make a decision. He gave the company one year to submit additional plans and studies.

In a news release issued Wednesday, St. Barbara said that decision, which it said came "late in the process," is "placing business continuity at risk."

Tailings facility will run out of room this fall

The mine's current tailings management facility only has enough room to last until mid-September. Even if the request to store tailings in the open pit were approved, construction on the necessary infrastructure would not be able to be completed in time, the company said.

So it has submitted another proposal to the province that would see the existing wall of the tailings management facility raised to allow more material to be deposited there.

The company says it is working closely with provincial regulators and is expecting a decision on the proposal in early August.

If approved, the change would extend the life of the Touquoy operation to the end of fiscal year 2023.

If it is not approved in early August, "this would lead to the operation being suspended and placed in care and maintenance," according to the company.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/touquoy-gold-mine-operations-could-be-suspended-1.6497932

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.00
Change
0.010(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $2.285B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.03 $2.04 $2.00 $4.978M 2.481M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 50724 $2.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.01 21435 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.01
  Change
0.010 ( 1.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.03 $2.05 $2.00 1499253
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.