SPR 2.35% $1.53 spartan resources limited

Gold deal in train (From today's Australian), page-9

1. 4,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2798
    101 - If this turns out to be on the money, congratulations to you, nice bit of sleuthing by you.

Folks, a while back on the RMS threads 101 invited me over to have a chat on the GCY threads on the basis that Ramelius might take a shot at Gascoyne. Up till then my punt had been that Ramelius would go after Dacian. But not only is Dacian about 3 times more expensive than Gascoyne, the Dacian recovery story is just not happening whereas Gascoyne seems well on the mend. As 101 suggested above, I expect Ramelius would also be looking to pick up Firefly, as it loves the forumula of big amounts of low grade near-mine ore and smaller amounts of high grade stranded ore. I am sure that Ramelius could easily swallow both Gascoyne and Firefly with a mainly scrip plus some cash bid.

The only downer for me if this deal were to happen is what to do with two very capable managers: the bosses of both Gascoyne and Firefly have done a really good job for their shareholders and if they don't join the Ramelius team I reckon they would be worth following in their future endeavours.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.53
Change
0.035(2.35%)
Mkt cap ! $1.696B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.50 $1.55 $1.49 $10.97M 7.211M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 37806 $1.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.53 116467 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.