….....Gold to Yorshire!I was watching the TV this morning , some...

1. 1,859 Posts.
    ….....Gold to Yorshire!

I was watching the TV this morning , some Pommie was going on about Yorkshire could be a country in it's own right, to date, Olympic competitors from Yorkshire have won 6 golds medals at the London 2012 Olympic's, that would put us 10th (he forgot about the other medals we have won) …...... this equals Australia who have just 6 Gold medals.

Also listened to a radio broadcaster's description of a female bout between an Irish girl and her opponent from China, the lead up was something, but the carry on during the 4 bouts & after summing up was a classic, he almost lost his voice at the end of the fight, this girl was destined to become the role model of the future, Irelands greatest sportsperson ever, her like will never be seen again, it really had me laughing, so much so I was in danger of stacking the car on the narrow Irish road I was on.

Then all the hangers on came on give their opinion, but the Minister for Sports was something else, if you think some of our pollies rant on about themselves with their “me and I' comments, this guy would leave them for dust,he made unreal promises for funding for Irish sport, rant rant rant, he took longer to tell every one how good he was than the 4 rounds of the fight

The Irish girl won Gold by the way, Ireland's first Gold medal of this Olympic games

Dtrad

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.