GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

C'mon guys/girls,That 'the end of gold' thread has had...

1. dub
    33,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    C'mon guys/girls,

That 'the end of gold' thread has had exceptional readings/response. I started it with an article that I thought was totally wrong, but I saw no reason to not put itup for discussion of its contrarian views - and so I did.

And it's been discussed, long and hard.

But let's get back to reality.

* Gold has had a higher yearly close for each of the last 9 years. Can anyone name another stock or commodity that has?

* With the exception of the Keynesian period of 1971-2001, gold has been valued by mankind as something of real worth for at least the last 2,500 years. Can anyone name another stock or commodity that has?

* Gold is in short supply, is costly and difficult to mine, doesn't deteriorate at all over time, is divisible, fungible, malleable and doesn't already exist in large quantities. Can anyone name another stock or commodity that is?

* Gold is tied to/in an inverse relationship with the US$. As there are trillions more US$ being 'created' whilst there is very little extra gold being produced, can anyone name another stock or commodity that is sitting in a better position to appreciate?

Yes.

I can.

Silver!

-(:-D)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.