SLR 0.00% $1.57 silver lake resources limited

Gold heading for A$1700?

1. 88 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Looks to me like we could very well see gold at A$1,700 within the next 2 weeks and it seems like that's slipped by most people unnoticed. The recent rally in the gold price has been great, but the weakness in the A$ has really driven the price up. I doubt we would be at 30c if gold went up over 20% and the A$ did nothing, despite the net result being the same.

Would love to hear people's thoughts, but for me it looks like 2016 could be a bumper year for Aussie gold producers. Most of the "experts" believe the RBA will cut interest rates in Feb which would send the A$ down even further and consensus is 70-75c range. I'll assume it settles at 75c average for 2016. Looking at what the "experts" are forecasting at the moment, it's pretty wide range. On the negative side there's Goldman calling it $1,100 and optimists calling for $1,400. Personally I think it will stay above the $1,280 mark in the short term, but eventually fall back in line with the USD and settle around $1,200. That's just my view. Looking at it in AUD terms, you're looking at a range of A$1,460 to A$2,200!! Even if I'm right in my forecast and it drops to $1,200 that's still A$1,600 if the AUD goes to 75c as predicted.

Add to this lower oil prices, wages dropping, mining services companies reporting a drop in contract values and much lower borrowing costs (I know it doesn't really apply to SLR). So all major imput costs going down. Some producers like EVO have already said they are ramping up production which will further reduce the AISC. Let hope SLR can do the same.

Looks to me like everything is set for a brilliant 2016 if you're an Aussie gold producer and at some stage you'd expect everyone to wake up to that reality.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.