GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold might be an investment for you and me and a lot of average...

1. 4,523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    Gold might be an investment for you and me and a lot of average punters, but in the bigger scheme of things, gold is not an investment. It is a central bank control item, a central bank balance sheet reserve asset, an item that all serious monetary wealth will run to when all other monetary items become bad. In that big scheme of things gold is worth multiples of current price to say the least. Forget about your ideas about gold, try to pretend you are the biggest central banker overseeing the collapse of confidence in your paper money, and you are looking for a way out, looking for something to fall back onto when the current debt based USD monetary system can no long continue. What have you got? Gold. Gold has got the most ticks as a candidate, at high enough price, to be used one way or the other to back up confidence in, and regulate issurance of, paper currencies and credit monies.

Gold is in a bubble? yeah keep telling yourself that;

There will be a time, a price level somewhere very high, where gold indeed enters a bubble stage, a parabolic rise, then a pop and big drop, then followed by stabilization. At USD$1450 gold price level, you need a binocular to see where gold has dropped down to following the bubble burst.

You aren't seeing nothing yet

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.