CFR 0.00% 0.6¢ cluff resources pacific nl

I found this dated (1996) yet comprehensive pieceI. SUMMARY 1.1...

1. 99 Posts.

I found this dated (1996) yet comprehensive piece

I. SUMMARY

Very little is known about the potential gold deposits in Madagascar, but the country's estimated gold production is far from negligible. It runs to approximately 3-4 t/y and "could easily be doubled" (Mining Annual Review - 1995, p 149).

This is a large amount considering that all of it presently comes from "artisan" mining - or very small syndicates - and mining is largely alluvial. Estimates of Madagascar's total gold production since it began late last century is a highly respectable 70 tonnes.

Madagascar's primary gold deposits are thought to be of mesothermal "lode" quartz-hosted type, and they are hosted in Proterozoic or, more frequently, Archean terrains. Lode gold deposits of this type account for nearly 20% of world deposits, and are largely responsible for the vigorous gold development of Australia, Canada, Brazil and Ghana.

There is no evidence in Madagascar of sediment-hosted gold deposits, pebble-conglomerate deposits, gold-rich porphyry copper deposits or epithermal gold deposits. Although their presence cannot be excluded given the current level of knowledge, their occurrence seems unlikely.

...follow link for more

http://www.smedg.org.au/Premoli.htm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.