re: gold is not dead yet - point to ponder-to adam adamp,I don't...

1. 161 Posts.
    re: gold is not dead yet - point to ponder-to adam adamp,
    I don't thiink your information is correct. Per US Govt Treasury's latest figures (last week) they still hold 8138.077 tons of gold mostly at Fort Knox. I have given the link & some deatils for gold below. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EURO GOLD RESERVES

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeeker/1078849353.php - European reserves

US GOLD RESERVES

http://www.treas.gov/press/releases/200441314291418673.htm

FROM THE OFFICE OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS

April 13, 2004
    2004-4-13-14-29-14-18673

U.S. International Reserve Position

The Treasury Department today released U.S. reserve assets data for the latest week. As indicated in this table, U.S. reserve assets totaled $84,345 million as of the end of that week, compared to $85,051 million as of the end of the prior week.

I. Official U.S. Reserve Assets (in US millions)

TOTAL
    April 2, 2004
    April 9, 2004

4. Gold Stock 3

Notes:

1/ Includes holdings of the Treasury's Exchange Stabilization Fund (ESF) and the Federal Reserve's System Open Market Account (SOMA), valued at current market exchange rates. Foreign currency holdings listed as securities reflect marked-to-market values, and deposits reflect carrying values. Foreign Currency Reserves for the latest week may be subject to revision. Foreign Currency Reserves for the prior week are final.

2/ The items, "2. IMF Reserve Position" and "3. Special Drawing Rights (SDRs)," are based on data provided by the IMF and are valued in dollar terms at the official SDR/dollar exchange rate for the reporting date. The entries for the latest week reflect any necessary adjustments, including revaluation, by the U.S. Treasury to IMF data for the prior month end.

3/ Gold stock is valued monthly at $42.2222 per fine troy ounce.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.