GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold - or silver ?

1. dub
    33,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    Hi,

My thoughts are that both gold and silver will continue to increase in 'price' but there is a difference between the two.

1. As the currencies are cheapened in value (by being increased in quantity), the currency 'price' of a unit of gold and of silver will rise. This is happening now with both metals.

2. As some of the people start to understand that the currency is being cheapened, they will look to trade that cheapening currency for something that at least will hold value. This is happening now with both gold and silver - but much more-so with gold, the traditional precious metal.

3. Here is the difference between the two, and the differnce between their respective rise in value over the years to come.

(a) 90% or more of all the gold ever mined still exists... and more is being mined and adding to the total every year. It just accumulates apart from a very tiny % used in industry and medicine;

Whereas -

(b) More than 90% of all the silver ever mined has gone! It has been used up - in singular quantities too small to be cost-effectively salvaged for recycling. More is being mined each year, but each year move and more uses for silver are being found in more and more industries. The amounts used per item are so small a part of the final cost of the item being produced that silver would still be used and desired even though it might cost 100 times more than it does now.

And silver will still be used in amounts too small to make salvage worthwhile.

So there it is - there will in the years to come be a decrease in available silver supply at the same time as there is an increasing demand for silver.

Buy of a lifetime for mine.

fwiw

dub

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.