GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

That's great you are making money Skol, I think a lot of the...

1. 5,536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    That's great you are making money Skol, I think a lot of the investors on here actually invest in ASX goldies, you would see from charts I put up that a lot of the good ones have gone up well over 150% and upto 470% in the case of SBM. It's all about timing in the market and what stocks you hold really. Like I said before I jumped on a few goldies around last November when the aud was devaluing and had some great gains. Each investor has their own style and skill for an asset class, while the price of gold in aud is above cost of production happy days. my interest in the price of gold and intimate knowledge of the fundamentals of a small few stocks lets me realise an easy profit on price movements. Since the dawn of time gold has fascinated people from every culture and to this day still does. We as traders or investors must respect the rise of Asia as the economic powerhouse in the making. It's no secret Asians love gold and the CB,s of many of their countries do to.
    To change the subject slightly a lot of posters on HC are fanatical about tech stocks and specs, I can see some massive money getting made but just don't see the value based on fundamentals and forward projections. For this reason I stay away from most of the stocks unless I particularly like the technology and see a need for its application. Hence I stick with what I know. What do I know, well less and less everyday really. The cyclic commodity downturns tend to expose those stocks with great management, great cost reduction strategies, great assets and a vision for the future. As the market overreacts to the downside a lot easy to pick the bargains on the way back up. Anyway feel free to continue your arguments across the commodity threads just be aware that your bias can preclude you from some great buys. Remember Asia has just started its own investment bank and the times are a changing. I am just not convinced that the markets are reflecting the true state of the world economy.
    Have a great day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.