GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold pattern pointing up, page-741

1. 42,372 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    You can't make money on conspiracy theory I am afraid. I have a KISS strategy on trading gold through stock exposures. I just look at the chart and either accumulate or stand aside or clear out of stock positions. Gold price/AUD is what I use and GP/USD is how I gauge sentiment.

Chart wise I am expecting 1140 range levels not because I want to but it "looks" that way on the chart. At that level I see some value in buying good quality goldies with less froth. Those weekly peaks are still lower BUT there is strong support at the lows. I have no idea if it will break the lows but willing to buy godies there.

AUD has picked itself off the lows and USDX has topped out for the time being. Last night's NFP hides the fact av hourly rates have gone backwards so the market is saying rates will be on hold for longer. All major stock indices popped except ours. It is just ironical that we still have 200 basis points of more expensive money relatively speaking. Factoring a higher crude oil and lower GP/AUD, its time to start looking at the lowest cost goldies rather than buy when it is cheap.

Banksters talk, capping and manipulation, I'll leave to those who are riding this bear trend down the pits. There may be some element of truth but there is nothing holders can do about it by trying to inform the market. If you have been trading CCY then you will appreciate that there are always manipulation going on all the time. You just have to work that in your favor, not easy most times though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.