GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

@Fudley61 "So, i imagine you are of the opinion the only person...

1. 7,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    @Fudley61

"So, i imagine you are of the opinion the only person who REALLY knows what is happening is you?"

In truth, no one REALLY knows what is happening in the gold market (or any market for that matter) as the events take place. There are to many independent agents taking actions for their own particular reasons for any price action to make sense in terms of a single purpose.

But people like simple explanations, and when they aren't obvious or don't exist, they make them up. (In much the same way as people invent gods to explain natural phenomena.)

At best, journalists only repeat things that they told. Things that they are told by independent agents who don't know what is going on, but want to appear clever and knowledgable, and thus wouldn't dare admit they don't know what is going on.

At worst, the journalism of the gold industry consists mainly of "fake news" intended to frighten investors into buying their product.

Sadly, I think that you (and others on the gold forum) read too much of the latter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.