GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Grahod - token representing the value of the energy expended in...

1. 1,484 Posts.
    Grahod - token representing the value of the energy expended in creating goods or services - not exactly your words, but I like it a lot

Zekane - women love it. Good point - jam donuts?, hope you have a lot of gold :)

I remember trying to attack the whole Gold as an investment idea for months, playing devils advocate. Reading economics and financial histories by Micheal Lewis and others. Trying to apply my own common sense. Somewhere along the road, I think I actually became what you would call a gold bug. Will be watching closely for reverse catalysts, but hope to be free carried in enough good miners by the time rates reverse significantly. Free carried is just a mental perspective, but I am hoping it will help me to Never sell those key positions in my "Insurance policies".

Incidentally, when we do have a recovery and real demand backed growth returns to Base Metals ect, I will happily make money from more useful metals.

If I sell part of my positions in PM miners and get paid in Inflated Paper money, that has limited purchasing power, at least it will have kept up with inflation. However the real reason for buying the miners is that many are looking like fantastic little businesses (some are producing at 400/oz) - and that is just value investing.

As I will never feel totally comfortable being over-wieght in my exposure to such a liquid and emotional investment vehicle - I will be looking to continue moving some profits into good dividend plays.

Mostly talking to myself as you guys are smarter than me anyway

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.