DSE 2.15% $2.85 dropsuite limited

gold price versus announcement

1. 1,172 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    Hi all...
    Despite several attempts by others to put things into perspective, there is still a significant amount of misunderstanding about the effect of the gold price on the share price .... as well as the effect of the gold price on an announcement... and the timing of both.

Firstly... EXM is NOT a PRODUCER of gold and is many moons away from enjoying that status.

It follows that the CURRENT price of gold will have no bearing on the CURRENT share price...at least while EXM is so far away from being a seller of physical gold.
    The market always factors in .. well ahead of expected events... but who is to know what price EXM will receive for their first gold pour... it is simply too far into the future for the market to evaluate.

Secondly... some posters appear to think the next set of drilling results should be made if/when the gold price is at its zenith.

Well... the EXM Board are obliged by law...to release that information to the market IMMEDIATELY it becomes available.

Hence the use of TRADING HALTS... to advise an announcement is nigh... and to prevent accusation of insider trading, as well as other, sometimes obligatory reasons.

If drilling results become available... and the Company personnel decide to "tell their mates"... as some posters seem to imply... then make the announcement.... those personnel commit an offence, heavily punishable by law.

Thirdly... the guys drilling on site may or may not see specs of gold in the cores recovered from drilling.... but there is no way they can successfully make an informed evaluation in terms of "grams per tonne"... and hence can only "speculate" (excuse the pun).

However... if I had my time over again... and was given one wish... it would be to be employed as a high ranking person in an assaying laboratory. Somehow there seems to be no possible downside there. The worst possible scenario would be that procedures are in place to prevent possible advantage... but no downside.

Lastly, EXM is constantly accused of "leaking like a sieve".
    How, may I ask, do they benefit from this?
    The share price has consistently fallen ... for years.. and any share trading by Company personnel is obliged to be announced to the market. I realise this will invoke the conspiracy theories involving dealing through wives accounts and so on,but the share price fluctuation and lack of historical liquidity would have made it extremely difficult for someone to take advantage of inside information or "leaks".
    Currently the liquidity has turned around dramatically... to the point where,to satisfy the "pump and dump" theorists, it seems simply impossible to tack onto the bottom of the Buyers and Sellers queues in the market depth ... and make a guaranteed profit.

Call me naive... if you wish... but I am of the belief that all involved with this particular Company ... hold squillions of shares... and are sitting tight... waiting for the big payday to arrive.

I really believe the conspiracy theorists are simply judging others by the way they, themselves would act... if they were in a position to do so.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DSE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.