BDR 0.00% 6.5¢ beadell resources limited

Gold price, page-10346

1. 9,027 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3878
    Yes and no in my opinion.

Most here would know I sold out last quarterly because I didn't like the picture it painted. That has only been compounded by the fall in POG. To claim I got my call right is a bit disingenuous as we may never know how much of the fall since then was POG related and how much was company specific FA. I have a feeling a lot of it is POG related, and given that wasn't the reason I originally sold to some degree I have to admit my outcome has involved some luck.

But, for me it isn't just a matter of waiting for confirmation of POG resuming an upwards trend. The last quarter as an average hasn't been stellar for POG and as such the results of the quarterly are pretty important to my investment thesis.

If they haven't fixed the problems I perceived last quarter (I know plenty didn't agree with my opinion) then this will be exacerbated by the fall in POG. If however they put together a good quarterly, in spite of the fall in POG then it will go a long way towards telling me that the company is on the right track irrespective of POG. That in my opinion is worth paying for confirmation for. In essence that determines the longer term risk/reward profile of the company.

I have learnt in my time away from BDR that there are plenty of stocks to make money on around, and have lost a bit of my favouritism of BDR (you guys are still probably my fav thread) so if the FA doesn't stack up in the quarterly then I will feel little compulsion to buy back in.

Let's hope for all that they nail it this time around.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.