BDR 0.00% 6.5¢ beadell resources limited

Gold price, page-1567

1. 445 Posts.
    Hi all and good point wilbur.
    I've been wondering about which bullion type to buy if I decide to channel $100K shares investment into physical. I looked online into Ainslie, Perth Mint and Royal Australian Mint. Perth and Royal gave me the impression that they are doing their equivalent of Gold Coast theme parks' souvenir shops. Those not-cheap but glitzy rather put me off. Ainslie was more serious and hold a few interesting bullion types from other mints (S/Africa, Canada and Germany).
    https://www.ainsliebullion.com.au/BullionInformation/DifferentTypesofBullion.aspx
    Despite the helpful info page as per weblink above, the indecisions for me are:
    1. Gold or silver. Luv Au. But Ag is more practical in near-worst case scenario of fiat currency collapse and we need to pay for groceries and other minor purchases. If we are wanting to buy more houses or cars during such troubled times, then payment by way of several 1 kg gold coins is preferable, I suppose. Reality check: how likely is this scenario to eventuate in the next 10 years?
    2. Coin, cast or mint. Interesting that a 1 oz .9999 legal tender silver coin costs $26.57 on bulk purchase of 100 coins, compared to 1 oz .9999 non-legal tender cast silver button costing $27.23 on bulk of 100 buttons.
    3. Unlimited mintage or limited/collectors' mintages. Problem with limited/collectors' items is that the hefty price includes the fancy but low value packaging.
    4. Some but not all (no idea why) gold coins have a tiny additional security feature to make it more difficult to counterfeit. But if we don't know about that feature, or even if we do, how do we ensure that it is not a fake anyway?
    On the whole, the online window shopping was quite, quite fun. If pog and pos continue to fall in June, as per the seasonal chart on pog posted by someone (apologies, cannot remember who and on which thread), I'll watch the bullion price action on Ainslie with much interest.
    Cheers, all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.