BDR 0.00% 6.5¢ beadell resources limited

Gold price, page-3854

1. 7,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    "Whats the chances of the FED hike the Interest rates? what excuse will the Fed use not to up the rates?
    a) None
    b) As always "data dependent", and Crude now at a $42 handle , even tho "core inflation" excludes "volatile food and energy prices" (vs. the "headline figure") - tho they do tend, however, to move the goalposts between the two. However hey can plausibly claim "full employment" (bogus, but that's what the official BLS numbers say, and core inflation ("price stability") roughly on target...they will have no shortage of excuses, however contrived.
    Watch out for the repeated re-use of the word "transient" in the FOMC Release.....(such as for energy).... Recall that Aug 2015 "week of woe" (crash) on Wall St had many factors, one of which was Oil below $40 ( the others - first China Deval., gold over $1,100, Copper under $5,000 - might be worthwhile checking those metrics now). But stocks are recently hit record highs....and a hike wouldn't help...not stocks, not bomds, not the Democrats, no-one.
    c) there are a number of important elections coming up in Nov (not just the Presidential...Congress, State Legislatures, Governors etc..all on same day) - the Fed is not an apolitical institution
    Let's see what happens with Durable Goods Orders, due 10:30 pm AEST. While it's only hours before the US ET 2pm FOMC Release (4:00am AEST), they will be watching it. The Actuals - not yet printed on right hand side of table below - are expected at the time I mentioned (about 15 minutes from time of writing).
    http://b-us.econoday.com/byshoweven...rId=eco-iframe-container&prev=/byweek.asp#top
    I must admit I was surprised by BDR rise today - perhaps there is a pattern before Qtrly Releases. I don't know, others know the company better than I do.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.