BDR 0.00% 6.5¢ beadell resources limited

Gold price, page-4156

1. 7,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Lukas - You're right. WTF!
    Actually US POG is rocking now, near hi of day (see image), tho' Asia session is trivial vis - a - vis (French, sexy, heh?) LON and most importantly, NY session.
    Excluding the usual suspects (shorts, institutions, algos, bots, etc..), I'm assuming that it's end of Qtrly reporting season, the news is in (for full Fiscal Year, to be precise), and people are simply taking profits, selling on the news (not all of it good - say...DRM, BDR - after some exponential rises, and who can blame them) along with the usual insider trading, mentioned by another Member recently.

As far as the much maligned shorts are concerned - a rampant theme on HC - (always someone to blame, except the one who placed the trade...)...what's the difference between a "normal" seller, and a short (who borrows to sell)? They're both sellers. I see one difference.
    The short HAS to buy back, to close the position, and so, constitutes a second source of demand. This is not true of a "normal" seller .
    Note: Am in Super, with CommSec, and not permitted to short (Law of the Land, Broker Policy, or both). But please stop blaming others for doing what is legal (and often quite sensible).
    Anyway:
    Gold - as a commodity, and how it's traded by the Market Makers (i.e. "big banks") - is another matter entirely, which I and one other (much smarter than me) - have discussed at great length on gold forum, but no-one listens, so, finished trying to explain how gold prices are so artfully manipulated {by Market Makers}, tho that wasn't lukas' question.

XAUUSD - DAILY (Note; now near hi of session)

I really don't think this is as important people think / say it is, but, here it is:
    Gold, in AUD
    XAUAUD - DAILY:

BDR - WEEKLY (again - obviously this is an incomplete week...I've discussed this recently): Struggling to close Weekly above 3 year old Support at 50-51, now current resistance (for Close of Week). And we had good news recently (yesterday, I think??).
    We need to see a weekly close above this level, and today was not helpful (nor yesterday, nor the day before...). I say this as a BDR long:

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.