BDR 0.00% 6.5¢ beadell resources limited

Gold price, page-6372

1. 11,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 632
    V

I think there should be a bit of a move back up towards USD1300 coming later this month, but I do not know if the gold price will be back over this level until after the US Fed has had its one per annum 0.25% rate hike in December, when I think there will be some extreme volatility for all asset prices.

Chindian retail gold demand is weaker this year, but Chinese gold investment demand is strong. Indian farmers are/will be using their savings from a much better harvests (end of 2 year drought conditions) to repay borrowings, while I suspect the average person in China is struggling with incomes not rising like they used to. Gold demand from the middle east is also low due to poorer oil prices. What has saved gold this year is the much higher investment demand for gold, which is partly driven by momentum speculators, who will fear the effect of the rate rise given the way the market played out late 2015/early 2016.

Interestingly, the commercials liquidated 54k short contracts for the week ending last Tuesday (US time), and its possible that more of their contracts were closed since then - see link - this is usually a positive sign.

http://news.goldseek.com/COT/1475868761.php

I am expecting some improvement in the gold price once the Chinese holidays end tonight, so given the US is on holidays on Monday the gold price should drift up.

For the downside, if the USD1180-1200 region does not hold then I suspect goldies are in real trouble.

At this stage I would not be jumping off any bridge. If BDR meets its targets then the market will take notice and give the share price a bit of lift - but this info is not at hand at present.

You may want to reduce your exposure to goldies if there is a good rally so you can sleep more comfortably. Like I said we do need that rate rise decision out of the way plus a return of Chindian retail gold demand for the gold price to rise appreciably (baring some black swan event or higher inflation).

Good luck.

loki (still holding many goldie shares including BDR, plus a useful cash stash for emergencies)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.