CQT 0.00% 51.5¢ conquest mining limited

I'm new to this but;Why would Goldfields sell a minority stake...

1. 548 Posts.
    I'm new to this but;
    Why would Goldfields sell a minority stake in Avoca, a minority stake in a 2million ounce Canadian resource to Troy....and then buy back from CQT the assets they sold them in the first place...and only 3 years ago?
    The ex Goldfields M&A chap is now the MD of Troy....if he had known about CQT would he not have gone after CQT from his new home at Troy?

Any which way you look at it, it says that either Goldfields have changed their aquisitions strategy or CQT have found something very special.

Combining the two ideas and bringing in geological mapping Goldfields would have known the geology of the CQT land when they sold them it in the first place...hence perhaps Goldfields know much more than we think and the recent drill results confirm what Goldfields had thought was VERY improbable but 1% possible....

Still strange re Avoca....My guys tell me they will end up having 5m resource....and hence fits Goldfields footprint...so in selling their stake there and getting into CQT you would have to think CQT has something.

No advice, just humour. Good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CQT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.