DEG 2.16% $1.14 de grey mining limited

May I make two comments plse.1 Gmeister is a valued member of...

1. 2,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 579
    May I make two comments plse.

1 Gmeister is a valued member of the chatgroup here as he contributes real informative information. When I see his name I drop everything and have a look as it really shows what is going on on the "technical side".

2 allmost always, gold will be off its all-time highs unless it has a continuoes positive gradient in the graph. (Also which currency) so we should talk in generalities there.

now, more importantly,

something I struggle with is what will happen with the gold price if interest rates go up again?
    The experts say gold good in inflationary times. So ok. Understood , material things, gold, land, houses go up as the value of the funds to buy it goes down.
    (but as interest rates go up to cool things down, the dollar goes up and that should drop the value of gold!!)

But......gold also good in times that we have recessions so when they drop interest rates to prevent this recession. Gold up because it is a known quantity that is universally accepted. (Flight to safety) Houses, land etc would go down as there is less funds available to invest. We are all waiting for the fed to cut rates so the dollar weakens and as a result gold goes up.....

which is it?

personally I think the debt in the US and the dollar as reserve currency is the big overriding issue.
    As USA debt is also in us$, they can print to pay this debt. (Like me printing aud here at home to buy more deg shares or pay off my house loan)

Our deg shares are "gold backed securities"

I d better concentrate on my coffee

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.14
Change
-0.025(2.16%)
Mkt cap ! $2.147B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.16 $1.16 $1.13 $2.736M 2.395M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 104070 $1.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.14 162102 40
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.33am 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.14
  Change
-0.025 ( 1.97 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.16 $1.16 $1.13 310348
Last updated 10.51am 14/05/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.