HAW 8.45% 6.5¢ hawthorn resources limited

Hey Shanson, apologies for the slow reply haven't had time the...

1. 727 Posts.
    Hey Shanson, apologies for the slow reply haven't had time the last couple of days.

My point of view is purely my own, from a holder perspective.

I think there's a disconnect between the share price and the value ( for the assets it holds) of the company but this is pretty common for listed companies, so it doesn't tend to worry me because I bought for the asset (Mt Bevan) not as a trade.

The Chinese were prepared to pay over 20c (equivalent post consolidation price) a share and I'm pretty sure they will be expecting to make a profit. So maybe there's a start for a valuation?

Otherwise there's 500 million plus tonnes of iron ore currently JORCed? What's it worth, 50c...$1 in the ground? More? Plus exploration potential. Eventually there's value to be realised here. Could take years though :D

Management, yeh, micro cap exlorers..y'know? I'm not prepared to say they are doing a bad job. I'm not prepared to say they are outstanding. They did pull off the Chinese deal. I do think lots of investors buy big dreams looking for quick success when they buy shares in explorers like this. (This comment is not aimed at you, or anyone in particular at all). These little companies are risky! Most of them are looking for something that may not even be there and they use big wodges of cash doing it. Which brings me to finance.

Micro cap explorers need capital to operate and they get bent over and spanked when they raise it. It's the way it is. This, to me is the biggest risk with HAW that we will have to give away too much shareholder wealth to raise capital. We're set for the moment, though.

If you plan holding long term be prepared for much more dilution and more consolidation before we get a mine up. Whatever management is in charge.

The gold producer angle I've already given my view on, they may mine they may not I'm not really in it for the gold, 100,000oz...oh yeh, keep drilling hopefully there's more down there. (Nothing wrong with the tenements, though).

Sorry, another long rambly post, and I'm not even sure I answered what you were asking.

I am happy to hold, I bought for fundamentals and they haven't changed.

Mt Bevan is a big pile of Iron Ore and it's worth a lot of money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.5¢
Change
-0.006(8.45%)
Mkt cap ! $21.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.1¢ 6.5¢ $12.80K 193.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 63444 6.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.6¢ 30261 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.50pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.