GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Menta wrote,And just like 2008 I'll buy gold & other assets...

1. 848 Posts.
    Menta wrote,

And just like 2008 I'll buy gold & other assets 'after' they crash (ie. when the deflation is complete). Given the degree and the extent of bad debts mounting globally, and policymakers inability to stem the flow, this time it will likely take several years to fully deflate (much longer than the initial deflation of 2008).

Gold may represent real money, but at what price? Personally, I'm a buyer below $600/oz and a gold bull below $400 (looking at chart action over the last decade).

___________________________-

More likely inflation will continue given interest rates in the US will be low for the next two or so years. We have had deflation in the DOW recently, from 13000 or so to under 11000 currently. This has hardly effected physical gold/silver and gold/silver stocks to this point. Looks like the DOW will take a whack this month, key targets 10000 and 8500. I can't see a tanking DOW to these levels seriously effect gold/silver assets. Has not to this point. Also comparing 2008 to now is not really correct as the current crisis is more of a currency one. Also once the DOW reaches its bottom we can expect possibly a stimulus of some sort to be implemented which will see the DOW charge back up. I find it hard to believe gold will ever be under a 1000 bucks ever again, of course it is not out of the realms of possibility but the likelihood is very very low. 2000 buck gold is not to far away, looks like Greece is about to default which could trigger more defaults and cause gold to charge well past 2000 bucks. The gold/silver bull market shows no signs of slowing up at this point.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.