GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hi Goldbear,What was it like working in the industry in the...

1. 62 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Hi Goldbear,
    What was it like working in the industry in the 1990's?
    I remember the BOE auctions at around 260 USD, the hedging controversy ( Barrick Gold and Sons of Gwalia in particular) . Was everyone doom and gloom on the inside?.
    From the outside it seemed to be couched in the terms of a religious crusade where the gold bugs were fighting the Satan of hedging and central bank sales and this "us vs them" lens is what you get when you are first interested in gold

I guess at the time it was such a turnaround from the late 70's era.After Nixon closed the gold window , the oil embargo, high inflation etc owners of gold would have felt vindicated because you could see this newly launched USD standard blowing up in front of your eyes, but less than 2 decades later its a "pet rock".
    This is what interests me at the moment. I don't know whats going to happen but QE, talk of helicopter money, talk of monetary resets, American domination of the planet under question, the rise of China etc/ tells me that the status quo is going to change and the USD standard maybe under threat again.
    Can they save it again or will it implode or morph into something else. We could be in a time that gets mentioned in the history books?!
    Any comments appreciated
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.