GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold shares set to run hard ..., page-58

1. 184 Posts.
    I assume you have taken the graph at the bottom of this particular post , The Word , from another article dated the 26th September 2007 , by Mark Lundeen.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/lundeen092607.html

In it , he goes on to post some interesting Gold / Gold index/ currency /debt/ Dow statistical comparisons between the 13th October 1980 and the 24th Sept 2007 ( 20 years) .

In defence of Robbos' argument , this shows Barrons Gold Mining Index ( BGMI)moving from 1285 to 1326 ( a mere 3.18% ) in that time .

Fast forward to more recently :
    The Current Barrons Index ( accessible from the net ) shows a move from ( approx ) 500 pts as at the 1 st Jan 2003 to 1329 pts as at the 14th Dec 07 ( roughly 168%)
    Spot gold has moved from $375 to say $800 in the same time frame (roughly 113%).

Its the current monetary inflationary cycle , and the potential "catch up " phase that the Barrons Gold Mining Index might be now entering , that makes this now so intriguing .
    As The Word says , you can radically change the way you you look at things with the timing of statistics .
    But if you think monetary inflation is impacting on gold , chances are pretty reasonable that it will ebb and flow into gold shares .
    Next three months will be interesting --and I hope your particular gold shares perform for you over the Christmas and New Years break
    Oh ,I suggest those of you who find Lundeens articles useless background , skip this one as well !
    IMHO

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.