GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

'Gold & Silver Hammered As BLS Jobs Report Hits Tape', page-2

1. 10,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 595
    This is interesting, the DOW was down 665 points, YET gold was down $16 and silver was down 3.5%
    Again we see history repeating itself, this is what has always happened unfortunately, when the DOW drops, people sell gold and silver and flee to the "safety" of the US$, because its the most liquid market in the world.

If this 665 point drop in the dow is the beginning of a 30-50% correction in markets, I think Gold and silver will unfortunately fall too.

This also represents an opportunity, if stocks crash, and gold falls 10-15% and silver too, this could be the last time to back up the truck in precious metals.

(this is what im actually waiting for with cash on the side lines)

We know EVENTUALLY when markets crash, gold and silver will rally as people will flee the US$ too.

But unfortunately it dosent look like it will happen this time.
    Gold and silver really should have been up today, but they weren't.

But im not going to rush out and buy this because of this little dip, like ive said in the past I will SWAP my gold for top blue chips WHEN the GOLD/DOW ratio gets close to 10-1 or LESS

I will admit I have dabbled in a few stocks lately, stock that could go up even if markets correct 10-15%, but I don't be selling my pm's for stocks until that Dow /gold ratio gets closer.

When we do eventually get a full blown 1987 style crash, one that I think will be a lot worse because this time the crash will be based on rising interest rates, an over valued stock market and HUGE DEBTS around the world, it will be a triple whammy.

Than it will be interesting to see if the sheep still flock to the US$ and sell off pm's or will everything crash EXCEPT gold/silver/platinum.

Only time will tell.

Im still accumulating cash and waiting for the big crash, a 2-3% correction in stocks dosent tempt me to buy at all.

cheers guys have a good one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.