GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold stocks - too diversified?

1. 2,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    I'm a big fan of this quote from Jim Rogers:
    "The way to get rich is to put your eggs in one basket, but watch that basket very carefully. And make sure you have the right basket."

My only exposure to the equities markets is through gold/silver mining and exploration companies. Some would probably advise against such lack of diversification, but I am quite comfortable with my position.

I am however a little concerned at the number of stocks that I currently hold. I have a portfolio of 14 stocks (ranging from explorers, through to near producers and producers) and there are even a handful more on my watch list. Is this perhaps too diversified? Should I concentrate on a core group of what I think are the best stocks instead of having my wings spread so wide?

While the investment in one sector runs with the quote at the top of this post, I feel the number of stocks I own doesn't (not that we should let 1 quote dictate how we invest).

Is there anyone else here only invested in gold/silver related equities and no others?
    What number of gold/silver stocks do you own?

Holding:
    AAM,ATV,CCU,CRK,CXC,FML,GOA,LGL,MCO,MUN,NWR,RED,SLR,TRY

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.