GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold stocks - too diversified?, page-26

1. 2,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    While I quoted Jim Rogers I certainly don't follow everything he has to say to a tee, I particularly just like the one quote as it's different to the usual "Don't put all your eggs in one basket".

I appreciate all the feedback.

I think adwebster and rowingboat have probably captured the intent/idea of my portfolio. I have spread my purchases across a broad range of companies to capture moves in the gold price, but at the same time I believe every one I hold provides exceptional value in its class and have spread them over different geographical locations, both taking advantage of the lower risk of Australian mines and the lower cost in international mines.

I do have another couple on the watchlist, what I think I will do is see how those I hold perform once gold breaks over March 2008 highs, keep those performing well, buy/sell what I need to to get the best performing portfolio and try and consolidate to 10-12 stocks maximum.

I think it's important to have a mix of some smaller juniors as in my opinion we'll see some of these absolutely fly (20-50+).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.