GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold - the last man standing, page-38

1. 2,993 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    Trial, thanks for sharing.

If possible it needs to be pushed now. In WA they were talking of bringing Ord Water down to Perth. There, a small scale version was done over 100 yrs ago when the WA pop was in the thousands only, and water was pumped from Perth to Kalgoolie, (600ks) to allow the gold mining to increase.

I've been saying for ages now, that politicians should have a maximum of two 4 year terms(incl mid term elections) then out. The better ones could go from Local, to State to Federal, all the time in their last term doing what's best for the electorate, not themselves. Too many just doing nothing. In fact just too many. As I've said before, we have 12 Federal senators per state, v USA, 2 per state, thus we have 76 senators, (2 each for ACT and NT) for a pop. of 25m v 100 senators (note: none for DC and the like) for a pop of 325m. Get rid of most of these and we can do things for the country with the money saved. Well, sort of, you know what I mean.

Back to water: I'm one of the least formally educated on this forum, only yr 10, so when it comes to some things, I havn't studied too deeply. Having said that, desal plants, apart from costing $Bs are very expensive to run. Which brings to another fanciful idea. In school in one exam, (50+yrs ago) we were asked 'what invention would we like to create to benefit mankind.' Mine was a desal plant, but with a difference. It would cost plenty but cheap to run. As most water shortages are in arid areas with little rainfull, but plenty of sunlight, let this be the energy. A big magnified canopy over water, causing evaporation,and channelling the condensed water in to pipeline. Feasible? Who knows, I was just a 15 yr old kid, and still am.

kg
    Last edited by kgtom: 18/07/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.