GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold to correct?, page-21

1. 3,413 Posts.
    Hi trombone,

You raise some valid points, some not so valid points and you even managed to point out the abvious ;)

If it is only the MINORITY whom are investing in gold and on this point incidentally I agree entirely, then is there really any advantage to being part of the MINORITY at the other of the game (when the music stops) and this whole thing plays out as many here presume?

The way many on this forum predict the future according to gold, civilisation is headed back the middle ages where we barter livestock for services etc. Mind you all those holding physical gold will no doubt be able to eat it - nuh, sleep under it - not unless you've got a lot of bullion, trade it - ah yes but there's a catch once it's gone it's gone!

My point is this, considering we are one of the most regulated (many would argue over-regulated) countries in the world and also remember that our regulations/laws come about generally because of the actions of the minority, I can't see any advantage in holding gold as the entire global economy capitulates.

It's fantastic in thory to be a 'pioneer' or 'minority' at this stage in the game, and of course see yourself as being one or several steps ahead of the mainstream poulation (sheeple) but I just don't see things playing out they way so many on this forum see it.

I'm expecting things to play out very differently indeed, exactly how I'm not entirely certain, but rest assured the US and their currency are not about to surrender easily. Watch from left field people & be prepared to expect the unexpected.

Many appear to be simply trying to pre-empt the future based on what's occurred in the past? This works to a degree (ask chartists) but it's far from guaranteed!

Now I realise that many on this forum don't like it when something is proposed that doesn't fit in with their thinking or 'gameplan' but this is one game that's going to have a very different ending to what's expected, of that I'm almost certain.

Gold bugs always have been this strange little minority group and will continue to be just that, a strange little minority group that once bitten by the bug they grow blinkers that rule out all other options as a nonsense - ignorance!

Being the minority in our civilisation will not place you in any better position than the mainstream population (sheeple as you so often refer to them), think about it a little and instead of playing the man play the ball. Take off the blinkers ;)

All the best to all

WC8

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.