GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

mikey, mikey, mikey,$200 gold scary?What about some of the other...

1. 1,418 Posts.
    mikey, mikey, mikey,

$200 gold scary?

What about some of the other figures that get posted here: $30k+. Now that's scary.

It seems people have completely lost sight of the possibilities of deflation; which is pretty bizarre given what is occurring in Europe at the moment.

The bloke that told me to look out for 200 dollar gold is no goose.

Look, leave out politics for the moment, every gold bug here would probably acknowledge that debt levels around the world are unsustainable; unsustainable to the point of causing dramas beyond belief. Leave the politics out and you flip a coin: deflation or inflation (Hmmm, I wonder if in the history of coin tossing a coin has ever landed on it's edge. I suppose people on this forum would dismiss such as being impossible).

The politics in Europe at the moment are telling my aquaintance that deflation is the big risk. The system is too messy and too disjointed to reflate everything, and yet it's still hangs together enough such that just one country won't fall by itself.

It's too late to cut of a limb in Europe: the Ebola has spread to vital organs. Europe is sliding into serious deflation and it's too connected to everything everywhere for it not to matter.

Again, Mikey, nothing against you: But if people here think that $200 gold is scary: Then what are they thinking about?

pug

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.