GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

HappyCats,We obviously have different ideas about risk/rewards...

1. 1,418 Posts.
    HappyCats,

We obviously have different ideas about risk/rewards and possibilities/consequences if you even bother to compare the price of something that can sustain life of itself as opposed to some trading instrument that may (or may not) help you sustain life.

Turn a few ounces of your 'useless' gold into some real commodities and you will be much better placed to handle what all gold bugs think may be coming.

Or just stick to gold as a great hope should something big happen, and, well, hope. Because you won't be prepared.

All the inflationists see gold as the saviour, but what do you want gold for? In hyperinflation, I reckon that you would be happy to exchange gold for food. But would someone who actually has food be happy to exchange it for gold? Hmmmmm, not me.

The buy rice sell gold strategy??? Mate, come on, in the post that you are responding I didn't mention selling gold for rice. But I definately would sell some gold for rice and wheat and other stuff if I didn't already have that stuff.

What's your strategy happycats? Oh, wait, let me guess . . . buy a heap of paper mining scrip and a heap of un-assayed, un-weighed gold.

- pug

There's more blikers on this forum than at the roundabout at Flemington rd and Elizabeth St (melb).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.