Gold vs Bitcoin vs Fiat

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I dont know where to put this.
    I want to hear and discuss META concepts. I hold Crypto and NST Gold Mining Stock. Just thinking now,
    Crypto is part of exponential technology. With exponantial technology / exponantial change. 10 steps and I'm on the other side of the room, 10 exponantial steps and could be in a whole new dimension.
    I'm using this thing called Nexo which is like deFi, next level in crypto. Its holding my crypto and I can get 5%pa return on my holdings. Instead I got a loan equivalent to 25% of my BTC in USD in about 5 minutes. They hold my BTC as collateral and lend up to 50% but I played a bit safe. Then used that 25% to buy more BTC (I suspect it will rise more than the interest as the loan is just at 10%pa). I can also buy USDC which is pegged to USD and gets 8%pa Interest.

Or I can buy gold. I got home tonight and my front door was unlocked.I have under a grand in gold in a little old safe. I thought wow, it's really inconvenient. At first, having a safe and gold was cool. Now regardless of value, it's a bit annoying. It's not convenient. Especially compared to crypto. Is gold really going to hold it's value? Millinials prefer crypto. I can hold millions in a offline USB stick or on a piece of paper. I can send it around the world in minutes. And it's backed largely by the same thing as USD and Gold which is 'Percieved Value' or Belief. People believe gold is valuable. What if Gold, is becoming a dinosaur? Not necassarily extinct but...

Your thoughts?
    Will gold come back? Will it stay a hedge? Or loose value as people become more comfortable storing larger and larger quantities of value in digital formats?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.