Hi, some quick thoughts:Crypto: What is often overlooked is that...

1. 335 Posts.
    Hi, some quick thoughts:

Crypto: What is often overlooked is that crypto is more than just store of value these days. There are increasingly sophisticated cryptos out there that allow us to shift more than just currency and smart contracts on to blockchains. Eventually, don't be surprised if centrally owned and managed social networks like Facebook and Twitter become increasingly unpopular and decentralised blockchain-based platforms become the norm. It would be crazy to think that we gave ownership and control of all our private data to companies who saw us as a 'product' to sell to advertising firms and who used algorithms to keep us glued to the screen longer than we wanted to. That said, 99% of altcoins are redundant and useless, we are seeing a repeat of the 90s dot com era when there was an IPO rush of hundreds of companies and anything was valued exponentially as long as the tag lines internet and world wide web had something to do with the business model. We know how that ended. The surviving cryptos, of which Bitcoin will surely be one, have a bright future.

I've been bullish on bitcoin for quite a while (e.g. I posted on this very forum back in 2017, back when Bitcoin was ~$1000, and predicted that $100k was within reach). That said, right now I'm not sure if we will reach $100k on this bull run... its possible... but as of $50k I only keep a small portfolio of bitcoin and altcoins (I've been stung too many times before when I exited the crypto space completely...).

Gold: Don't keep any myself, but there is certainly value to the idea. I don't see the price of gold crashing. The rise of the middle class in china, still just a fraction of the population, is contributing to pressure on the gold market. Worldwide we are also seeing increasing overall income and demand for gold by consumers. Also worth considering is that gold is valued more by some cultures than others but are only starting to develop an increase in buying power
    Fiat: I keep just enough to pay my bills and buy coffee

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.