HAW 0.00% 6.0¢ hawthorn resources limited

To my knowledge the only country to accept gold in payment in...

1. 5,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    To my knowledge the only country to accept gold in payment in its international trade dealings is Iran and that mainly because due to international sanctions it can not trade in dollars or euros.

In conformity with a recent agreement, Brazil and China will allow for $30 billion in currency swaps utilizing the real and the renminbi, the most common way to bypass the need for payments in dollars.

The Chinese don't need to buy shares in a gold explorer in Australia in order to convert dollars into gold.If China thinks that they need gold then they can buy it from the IMF, other central bankers and the spot gold market.

Some interesting stuff here about the renmimbi in the link provided below. Note the final comment: "If international trade in the renminbi is largely driven by financial arbitrage, as the extraordinary use of letters of credit implies, then Beijing’s plan to internationalise the renminbi is not exactly going according to plan."

In short, it is not the Chinese that see a great potential in HAW for GOLD, but some HT posters with probably some ulterior motive that I leave to the others here to guess what that may be.

http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2012/05/29/renminbis-mysterious-rise-trade-finance-or-interest-rate-arbitrage/#axzz25XWhlrB1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.0¢ 6.0¢ $2.7K 45K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 41631 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.6¢ 15294 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.24pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.