GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold, page-2427

1. 42,194 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1022
    I think I should qualify from earlier posts that LT investing has different time scale to different people. Previously as a cock eyed investor, I define LT hold as buy then wait until something tells me to sell. Usually that means the pain of looking at a massive drawdown after cursing at giving away all the gains. Having gained a bit more disciplined and not trying to pick tops and bottom, I set a target and either that target is met or my target trail stops are hit. This may take 3 months 0r 1 year. That is my new definition of a LT hold.

So in this context, trying to pick a bottom in gold = a reversal in gold stocks generally is beyond my horizon of holding period I suspect. Eventually gold will come full circle, just a matter of time. If what I have been reading is correct I don't have a lost decade stuck in big positions in this metal. For the same reason I have been thinking very cautiously at BHP/RIO. The heart says a good accumulation provided I can bear the pains of potential draw downs that can last a long time.

In terms of the psychology, I am not the type of investor who is able to buy the trough and sell the peaks. I will try to profits somewhere in the middle. I'll leave the exploitation of full profits to the Pros.

If you have a full investing life ahead of you then your approach is probably the better one.

Remember there is no such thing as a right or wrong way to invest, just a lower or higher risk. Leave it to Skol to claim the ultimate price of being RIGHT. Good luck with your investments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.