GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold, page-3367

1. 3,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Biggle’s, Timber, Johnyb26 and all,

It’s so lovely to see a genuine three way literal man cuddle these days I’m pleased that my thoughts can bring them together like that.

First of all I still retain a controlling interest in a company doing the 21st century equivalent of selling shovels, mules, coffee and beans to those heading off to the diggings. I also have investments and assets that allow me to live the life style that I dare say many would aspire to. And anyone that is working hard towards financial security and wellbeing I wish them very best of luck.

Insurance:

Like many on these threads I have spent countless thousands of dollars on various types of insurance over the last 25-30 years.

Income protection insurance. Boat insurance. Car insurance x 2 in Australia and x 2 in the UK. Motorcycle insurance. Life insurance. Home Fire Theft insurance. Travel insurance. Business building insurance x 2 at times now down to one. Probably one or two others I can’t recall for the moment.

Fortunately I have never made a claim on any of my insurance policies.

The thousands of dollars spent on this insurance have one thing in common. All the money has left my possession and I will never own those dollars again and that’s an indisputable fact even for the (negative) readers on this Gold thread.

Back in 2002 I decided to protect my future purchasing power by buying gold as Insurance if you like the premium I paid back then differs from the other insurance in that not only have I not lost the cost of the insurance but it has increased some four fold and a higher multiple back in 2011 if you wish. If I ever need to call on this insurance at some point in the future at least I will have it.

If the current team of Anti-Gold Squad Down Rampers are proved correct and you can replace an economy of real business manufacturing tangible goods for sale to a working population that can afford to buy them with an economy that just prints and shuffles money around in some weird illusion then I still say my Gold insurance will at least have served me better than any of the other insurance I ever paid for.

True I have added to my original 2002 Gold purchase over the years including some smaller amounts at prices higher than today; however, I still hold nearly every single ounce of Gold I ever bought and am perfectly comfortable with my decision. Fortunately for me I have been able do this without compromising my personal life standards. (Seat A1 etc. if Biggle’s wishes.)

The jury is still out in regards to when I decide to cash in on the stored insurance premiums at some point in the future. Biggle’s tells me at different times this will be $600.00 $800.00 and certainly below USA $1,000.00 Peter Schiff, Marc Faber and many other wealthy people say otherwise.

However; in general I don’t look to other wealthy people or even those giving personal recommendations for dodgy bars and calendars, I tend to decide these things for myself.

Personally I don’t think you can run an economy the current way the USA, Europe, Japan, Australia and many others are doing; it may not lead to financial Armageddon but my life experiences lead me to believe it won’t end well.

I suggest people here read as many different opinions as they can from a wide range of sources and try and wade through all the propaganda and purposely misleading stuff offered as information.

People may pose in many different things in order to give an air of authority to their opinions such as bankers, pilots, pizza company executives and other guises. History has many examples of this type of subterfuge; Oscar Wilde was married and fathered two children; however, had I been alive when he was around I don’t think I would have visited any of the bars on his recommended list either!!!

Ron Paul (Video in link) has some advice on the misleading press and how government and banker propaganda is used for their aims; however, it’s just another opinion and I am not saying I believe all he has to say but I did find it interesting.

https://www.rt.com/usa/311198-ron-paul-wars-inflation/

Just as an aside I find no need to hide my identity when I write my posts; however, they are just my personal musing and thoughts and hopefully some find them entertaining enough to give me a TU now and again, please don’t ever read them as financial advice. I would never claim to be smart enough to tell people where they should or should not put their hard earned money.

I openly admit to being a Gold enthusiast and feel it wise to hold part of one’s savings in some type of tangible asset others have their views and I respect that, whatever it is that you believe is best for you and your circumstances I wish you luck in the future.

This New Year’s Eve I will be game fishing all day and enjoying a couple of cool Bintang’s whatever you are doing I hope you all have a safe, happy and prosperous New Year in 2016.

Also at this point I would like to extend the New Year sentiments to the moderators and providers of this H.C forum and the opportunity to express freely our shared thoughts and ideas; and long may we enjoy your efforts.

Cheers very best regards: Andy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.