GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

The collapse of Evergrande is almost a given on the financial...

1. 41,017 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1005
    The collapse of Evergrande is almost a given on the financial accounts of sustainability. The latest coupon has a 30 or 60 days grace period. Even if they can muster up some spare funds, the coupons payments will be continuous after that and so forth. How to mitigate the local contagion so that counter party risk from the banks do not follow the Lehman sty6le contagion. BH and shadow funds will most likely be the last to get their dues as the state tries to sterilise any major fallout and speculated to be holders of the assets and not the debt. If you think this is a plus for gold then the gold bulls must be very late to the party. If gold has not moved up but instead moved down, it is most likely the focus on tapering unfortunately.

I hope we get some follow through in gold rally on NY open but what I have seen is that it usually does the opposite to Asian -> European sessions.

On Monday we will see those who took a punt today, myself included, gets a bloody nose or ride the recovery. I got no idea how gold will turn out, dumb money some would say.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.