GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-101456

1. 43,293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1025
    @Goldnumber
    That energy cost input to consumer expenses and no doubt industrial input cost should drive the cost of production meaning passing on these expenses to the consumer. They consumer having already experience in Oz household bills inflation will continue to see more expensive products will either get confidence from their RE inflation or start reigning in their spending. I read an article today speculating this could be the trigger for an RE deflation ......

@CourtShort
    Yes, I too have been diversifying my portfolio and besides this strategy have been much more short term minded in obeying my entry/exit rules. Just when I thought I have finally had some success in bitcoin understanding, out comes tethers and the perceived scam about it tracking USD. No idea what it really is. Unfortunately for us retail mugs, can't buy crypto etf or miner, I don't want to open one of these iffy margin accounts that claims to be legit when not knowing if I am buying a derivative or the actual real product!

The equity indices in Oz/Us appears to be tapering off, I wouldn't call it a bear market but the appearance by the lower highs together with the Evergrande saga could break the camel's back?

@AdVictoriam
    Crypto seems to be spoiling the gold safe haven features. The logic I find amusing is that unlike gold (you can't create it or print it from thin air), Cryptos can be created and with each new idea that benchmark Etherium, a new coin appears to challenge or offer alternative. This makes a mockery of the 10 thousand coins out there catering for every risk taste but the herd decides what is best for them.

I think Gold (physical) has always been a rich person's go to defensive play, wealth protection. It isn't a wealth creation unlike Cryptos. This could be a the subtle difference between the 2 asset class.

During the stagflation of the seventies, I was too young to even understand money let alone finance/economics so have never experience the conditions of stagflation. Up until recently, I didn't even consider this economic conditions. Covid triggered this? Not important but just exploring ideas of where to hide investing wise instead of getting smoked when holding the wrong sectors.

All eyes on China but currently when Xi is making policy based on LT structures, there isn't a measure to learn from or judge besides looking at a chart for price action. Is their growth sustainable or just too risky and crashing? This is the issue because all CBs have got their foot on the QE easy go to monetary policy and even RBA has either stupidly reassured us that IR will not rise until 2024 or just as ignorant to what is happening at ground zero (shopping).

I am betting with gold but cautiously. When no one particularly wants it, I can buy some value but the problem and I found that out from pandemic crash is that gold stocks will not protect the holder when panic sets in. Easy to say that it did recover. But what if it didn't? Have a look at when I bought MML in 2013 just before $1500 gold got smashed, the idea was to place that initial buy in the LT. Still in that basket and I can't wait for breakeven to get the HELL out! Yes, they are pouring out gold! LOL

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.