GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Usually a bad figure means tapering is put back and vice versa....

1. 41,134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    Usually a bad figure means tapering is put back and vice versa. I think from memory tapering probability continuing for longer favors gold. The NFP is a coin flip.

However TA-wise, TL broke yesterday and todays is just shadow boxing leading into the NFP. If price reverse and move back up, it is effectively a fakeout from the TL breakdown. I am taking my chances as that sell button was hoovering into the close for my remaining producer exposure. If gold slam then I know what I'll have to do on Monday subject to price action of course.

XJO is still holding the 7200 which goes back to pre-pandemic high nut confluence with that 200sma.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/T10Y2Y
    The 2Y v 10Y is not steepening, more flattening bias. Does that mean the inflation expectation now is high hence these ST yields are spiking? Are you able to offer some insights to an explanation? If my view is correct (higher inflation expectation now) then it is -ve correlated to gold! Clueless why though.

I have tried dissecting the relationship but equally confused each time I try.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.