GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I'm noticing a lot of my resource and battery metal and gold...

1. 44,246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2012
    I'm noticing a lot of my resource and battery metal and gold exploration stocks are having good days even when the stock markets are down.

I think there is a decoupling happening here; mostly garbage yet massively hyped tech stocks and common or garden hum-drum stocks are getting battered, yet such is the demand and price inflation in battery, industrial, and precious metals that investors can now look past the pasting that 'the market' is getting and be unphased about continuing to accumulate explorers. Bear in mind that gold is often found in conjunction with other metals such as copper, and that Aussie explorers will often have a backet of projects...for instance, they may have both gold and lithium projects on the books, or gold and nickel.

Simple down days on the US markets are not enough to dissuade investors from continuing to load up on their favourite Aussie plays, particularly with the gold price holding up strongly. At this point I think you would need to see a deeper financial crisis to take hold before you will see any change in this trend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.