GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

That inflation was controlled pre-pandemic although QT were...

1. 42,152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1022
    That inflation was controlled pre-pandemic although QT were showing signs of future economic fallout from the bond yield inversion. Covid was just the fast track trigger for the QT reversal but it created the biggest money printing in the short history. Goldbugs will be aware that despite them cheering for a market crash, it will be immaterial what asset class they hold this time around because the Western debt cannot keep growing this way.

Lacy Hunt gave a very descriptive commentary of the economic conditions and reasons why inflation this time around is so aggressive, one needs to understand economic theory of which I only have a cursory understanding but basically he is saying that that each $ worth of debt is now stimulating a lot less gdp growth then in the past. The point of diminishing return and we are experiencing it now. I am sure MMT proponents will disagree.

The market crash camp is very loud and usually following the herd never pays. Could you explain why gold is so sensitive to higher CPI/inflation?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.