GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I've been reading this thread with interest over the past few...

1. 129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    I've been reading this thread with interest over the past few weeks and I've noticed there are some very extreme views presented in here.

There is no doubt the Russian invasion of Ukraine and ensuing global uncertainty has helped the Gold price ratchet up a lot higher in the least 3-4 weeks. The likelihood is though that in the medium term, Gold will face headwinds, as US interest rates are a certainty to go up from here, also pushing the yield on 10-year US treasury bonds higher.

Some experts believe that if the Fed hikes rates 7-8 times between now and the end of 2023, then 10-year treasuries will be yielding about 4% by then. If that happens, the only way the Gold Price will be well above US$2,000 as many in here suggest, is if either inflation is still persisting at high levels similar to what we are seeing now, or alternatively (or concurrently with persisting high inflation), the war is still not over.

If it's the latter, it might not just be a war between Russia and Ukraine by then, in which case a lot of us probably won't be worrying about the value of our gold stashes or other investments. We'll be worrying instead about possibly being conscripted. I guess what I'm saying is, be careful what you wish for.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.