GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I went through the 2013 gold crash experience albeit a tiny...

1. 41,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    I went through the 2013 gold crash experience albeit a tiny exposure simply because I didn't know anything about gold and thought just using the lazy LTBH suffice. When an opportunity works this way one is a genius but when it doesn't, all it results is a very -ve experience and tends to change the mindset from riding the next trend to simply look at paper profit and proactively protect it.

I can't help now but to fear that $1676 could actually be tested in time, a repeat 2013 pattern of events perhaps, heaven forbid.

However, the o/n oil aggressive sell down together with the 10Y yield tapering off suggest the rapid IR hikes are controlling the demand side or another way of saying deflation. Should this occur with/without some form of QE if the Feds decides the crashing equity markets need more help again, gold may reverse the bearish sentiment.

I can't predict the future but my observation tells me the gold=inflation hedge is not a good way to explain gold fundamentals. Good luck to us.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.