GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-111033

1. 6,056 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 618
    Ive asked a mate about 80's recessions in Australia and he never really seemed to think it was a big thing here.. he is old enough .. maybe he just has a lucky run through the period
    I remember my parents struggling through recession in the late 80's in Ireland
    I can see a lot of correlation between the housing market here and pre GFC Ireland.. and i saw all that shit go down too
    there were ex council houses in Dublin going for $1m in 2007 and couldnt get 100k by 2009
    I dont think it will be that extreme here because of undersupply, but i do think there is potential for prices to halve is very real.

personally i value housing in ounces of gold, and housing peaked in 2005 in Australia and continues to fall.. already dropped in half and about to drop a lot more, maybe back to early 1980's valuations through the bottom end of a recession

What i do smell from a country mile off is that Australia is in for a massive recession, the destruction of small businesses on a scale that all living Australians are completely unfamiliar with, the only think that has saved the sorry ass of this country is the abundance of natural resources.. the only thing in the next 10 years to keep up that demand is globally governments spending on ESG EV etc.. private sector cant afford it.

as for interest ratres, what is to stop the US going the path of Japan.. print QE to cap govt debt rates and screw the masses.. this scenario would be positive for gold, but sadly more destructive for society... its a possibility that interest rates will not peak anytime soon, becaus ethe crooks in the central banks and govts do not have the best interests of the masses at heart

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.