GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-111120

1. 42,625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    @Dabble010 use the ignore filter if you can't stand his contrarian views. I am objective, if prices are falling it is reflected from the chart and vice versa. No point gloating on either side of the direction if one isn't monetising that swing move. We can all use hindsight to critique but it is when in that mindset that we should be looking for the exit opportunity in BOTH direction. This time I am guilty of watching a good handsome paper gain evaporate to a paper loss but I am unleveraged. Maybe my way of saying "flesh wound".

@happybear45 The lesson I have learned is the classic Pandemic crash. I was expecting a bit more bad news of the doom as the market flushed out all the bulls in one quick monthly hit. This is the difference between looking at the trend pullback v momentum crash. Currently the sell off in risk markets have been a bit more "orderly" or the death by a thousand crash as bear rallies suck in the bulls until the next monthly set of economic numbers doing the opposite. The 'good economic news is bad equity news' again applied to the Friday's NFP numbers. How many more of these 50-75bpr hikes can the markets absorb before the Feds caves in?

Over here in Oz, there is a much more destruction to the RE markets simply because ours are based on ST fix rates and LT sliding scale to the RBA monetary policy unlike US where it seems you can lock in a rate for the life of that mortgage! This means those recent mortgage exposure will eventually flip to flexible rates in addition to inflation on ALL consuming things!

Compare XAUAUD against Oz XGD, former is sideways because of the caving AUDUSD and the latter is falling off the cliff. I see it but I can't explain it besides oil price (diesel) being a very bis operational expense on top of chasing a contracting staff pool as well as Covid sickness.

The difficult part psychologically is to always the holding period waiting for a recovery. For me light portfolio exposure in % helps to allay the usual that 'I am down so much that I cannot afford to increase risk' mentality even when it is starring in my face. Haven't we been through this in every down cycle?

I am actually more of the glass half full and waiting for a recovery in equities with a bit more diversified this time around not that the interim matters because when sentiment changes, everything is a bargain. It's those that fall much less than others that really matters psychotically. Over the last 2 months I have been so tempted to start buying but I used my bias as being wrong, if only I applied to monetising paper gain!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.